Dispatch services available
24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What People Are Saying
'Best Practices in Mobile & Wireless' Awards Program
May 21- 23, 2007
The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, Orlando, Florida
Computerworld's Mobile & Wireless World proudly announced the results of the "Best Practices in Mobile & Wireless" Awards Program. This program honors IT users "Best Practice" case studies selected from a field of qualified finalists. Honoree Award Recipients in each of the following categories were recognized during the Gala Awards ceremony at Mobile & Wireless World at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes on May 24th.
Transforming the "Brick and Mortar" Enterprise Honorees:
St. John's University - Queens, New York
SureXpress - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Great Plains Coca-Cola Bottling Company - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Union Pacific Railroad - Omaha, Nebraska
- West Edmonton Mall - Edmonton, Canada
Transforming the "Brick and Mortar" Enterprise Identifies organizations that have opened new areas of profitability and performance by transcending "brick and mortar" limitations. They have extended the capabilities and productivity of workers located outside the office environment. They have transformed their business model by driving down costs and streamlining traditional processes.Download the 'Best Practices in Mobile & Wireless' 2006 Awards Program Supplement, p.11
Judges evaluated and ranked the finalists in each category according to their substantiated mobile/wireless solution attributes and achievements against criteria such as:
- Financial return and measurable payback (returns on investment, assets, resources) through created/protected revenue opportunities or cost savings.
- Strategic importance to the business.
- Substantive customer impact (service, retention, acquisition).
- Positive impact on other business/organization units.
- Addresses system and department interoperability issues and heterogeneous platform integration challenges.
- Provides a strategic advantage to the business/organization while anticipating and accommodating the deployment of future initiatives.
- Supports the efficient and reliable data, information and application sharing/access between personnel, departments, divisions, etc.
- Addresses challenges of data, information and application security, recovery, business continuity, etc.
Thanks to our "Best Practices in Mobile & Wireless" 2006 Judges:
- Rohn Flanders, Saia Motor Freight
- Matt Hamblen, Computerworld
- Ed Hess, Integrated Solutions Magazine
- Bruce Hoard, Computerworld
- Julia King, Computerworld
- J.D. Longmire, Northrop Grumman Ship Systems
- John Matelski, City of Orlando
- Ron Milton, Computerworld
- Cliff Raskind, Wireless Enterprise Strategies
- John Stehman, Robert Frances Group
- Daniel Taylor, Mobile Enterprise Alliance, Inc.
- John Wade, Saint Luke's Health System
- Denise Yunkun, FedEx Services